With this brew guide we are sharing what might be the most delicious cold-brew concoction you've ever encountered.
We’ve got the personal recipe that our swimming champ, Conner Andrews, uses to dominate early sessions at the pool. But whether you are training in the swim lanes, on the track… or just grinding it out at the office… this cold brew recipe will get you seriously amped for whatever it is that you are about to do.
You can use Andrew’s standard cold brew recipe or go the extra mile and turn it into Maple Oat Milk Cold Brew Latte
What You Need:
- Megaton Coffee
- Mason Jar (That can hold at least 3 cups)
- 4 Paper Coffee Filters
- 2 Rubber Bands
- Oat Milk
- Maple Syrup
- Ground Clove
Part 1: Making the Cold Brew
- Course grind 6 cups worth of coffee beans (for 3 cups of cold brew concentrate)
- Put half of the coffee beans into a double filter. Turn the filter into a “pod” by tying the top with a rubber band
- Repeat for the other half of the coffee beans
- Microwave 1.5 cups of water in mason jar until boiling
- Just after water stops boiling, put coffee pods into mason jar. Cap the mason jar and let it sit
- When water cools to room temperature add another 1.5 cups of room temperature water to the mason jar.
- Leave out overnight and then refrigerate in the morning
Note: Wait until it's been 24hrs before drinking it! Add ice if you need to water it down (it can be strong). When nearly done with the batch, be sure to gently squeeze pods into jar before tossing away to get more out of it!
Part 2: Making the Maple Oat Milk Cold Brew Latte
Now that the cold brew is ready to go, it’s time to take it to kick it up a notch.
- Combine ½ cup of Megaton cold brew concentrate, ½ cup of oatmilk,
- Splash of maple syrup (add more if you want it sweeter), dash of ground cloves, dash of cinnamon, dash of allspice.
- Mix then enjoy.
- If you'd like it stronger like I enjoy it, add ¾ cups cold brew and ¼ cups oat milk. If you want it less strong, add an ice cube to the regular recipe.
- If you have no oatmilk, an unsweetened alternative like hemp milk can work too.
- If you'd like it frothy, shake the mixture in a flask before pouring into a glass.
More about Conner
Conner is our resident swim champ - chugging coffee and tearing up the lanes in Wisconsin. Check out @Conner_andrews13 to for training, inspiration, and to learn more about his bad-ass projects promoting clean water like the Cream City Classic.